Skip to main content

Hayden Leslie Panettiere - Image Gallery

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai

Leung is a Toisanese-Chinese born in Hong Kong, though his family came from Taishan, Guangdong, China. Leung's early childhood was punctuated with parents' quarrels and arguments about money. A mischievous boy in his early years, Leung's personality changed when his father, a chronic gambler, left the family when he was eight; he and his younger sister were brought up single-handedly by their mother.

Leung became a reticient, quiet child; his childhood experiences made it difficult for him to trust in marriage and paved the way for his acting career, which allow him "to express my emotions without me getting embarrassed. I can cry or smash things on the set, but no one knows that's just acting or that's how I am really feeling." "After my father left me when I was eight, I became afraid to talk to other people. In school, when other children talked about their parents, I would get very embarrassed. I didn't want to mention my father, so I seldom talked to others".

His childhood has had a lasting effect on Leung's personality. "I am very restrained, very suppressed, very quiet. I don't like to talk too much because I don't know what to do in front of an audience. Actually, I don't know how to communicate with others because of my background and I am scared".

Leung's mother worked hard to keep him attending a private school, but even so, Tony had to quit school at the age of 15 due to financial difficulties. As an adolescent he behaved himself and remained very close to his mother. During a DVD interview on the making of Hero, he says that he sees his mother as his definition of a "hero[ine]" for having brought up two children alone.

Quick Fact
Chinese name 梁朝偉 (Traditional)
Chinese name 梁朝伟 (Simplified)
Pinyin Liáng Cháowěi (Mandarin)
Jyutping Loeng4 Ciu4wai5 (Cantonese)
Born June 27, 1962, Hong Kong
Spouse(s) Carina Lau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frances Conroy

Born on November 13, 1953, in Monroe, Georgia to a business executive father and a mother who also worked in business. Frances is of Irish and Latvian heritage. Conroy studied drama at the Neighborhood Playhouse and the Juilliard School in New York City. Frances Conroy married Jan Munroe in 1992.

Keegan Connor Tracy

Keegan Connor Tracy was born on 3 December 1971, is a Canadian actress known for her roles as the ill-fated Kat Jennings in Final Destination 2 (2003) and Dawn/Molly in Blackwoods (2002). She obtained a degree in Social Psychology from Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Her more recent work has included Beggars and Choosers, Stargate SG-1, Jake 2.0, Psych, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, and the Geoffrey Sax film White Noise. She was born Tracy Armstrong in Sarnia in Windsor, Ontario.

Emma Watson - Pix Gallery